SOMETHING NEW #1:
My new job that started December 7 has been going fabulously. It was rough at the beginning, as I was playing catch-up and trying to organize and learn everything. Now that things have calmed down and I have everything streamlined, I can really start to contribute something and make it my own. Working for a nonprofit organization is so rewarding because everyone is there because they love what they do and they love the arts. It makes such a difference. Not to mention, we all wear multiple hats and I get to delve into whatever project needs help. I work mostly doing membership and with everyone that comes into the gallery, so I'm never bored! Love it. Check out our website here and if you want to see my work profile, go here.
SOMETHING NEW #2:
So, I MOVED over the holidays!!! It was hard to leave the Hancock's home, which literally became my home away from home. However, it was my goal to get into my own place after Christmas and it worked out beautifully. I am now living in a house with 5 other girls and it's fabulous. The other great benefit is I now live a couple minutes from Alex! So convenient...:)
SOMETHING NEW #3:
In addition to the new job (giving me new insurance) and the new house (giving me a new address), I decided it was time to get a new phone (giving me a new number). I can't tell you how hard it is to keep all that information straight. But it's not just a new phone, it's an iphone, which is really soooo much more than a phone, right?...;) I don't even work for Apple anymore, but I can't help but promote their products. All I will say is that it's helped streamline my life in so many ways I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it.
SOMETHING NEW #4:
And last but not least, I switched to a California bank account. Ok, it's not really that big of a deal, except that it makes me more Californian. But whenever I stop and think about it, I don't really mind. For some reason, I always had this unjustified prejudice against California and now I live here and love it. Who knows, maybe I will apply for residency in the future! That would be crazy. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicole, it's always great to hear how you are doing. I can't believe you are living in Cali! Hope you have a great new year...check out our blog sometime for an update on us!
Post a Comment