SOMETHING ARTSY:
Although my job is nothing like Night at the Museum, I have to say it is quite unique. I get to spend my time researching contemporary artists and participating in all the fun projects/events that happen in connection with the museum. I've already helped with an art festival, still life banquet and now we're gearing up for the museum's 30th anniversary live auction event. So excited! Contemporary art is not something I really studied in college, but I'm finding it grow on me more and more because it encompasses so much. It definitely makes going to work more enjoyable.
SOMETHING/SOMEONE 25:
Yes, that would be me. I am now a quarter of a century old. That just sounds old when I say it! Whatever, I feel young and have so many great things planned before I hit the half a century old mark!..:) To celebrate my bday, I ran the Palo Alto Moonlight Run with some friends and it was perfect. Running events are always energetic and you can plan on them having the party there for you. Definitely not the typical way, but it worked. Lately I've been feeling like I'm suppose to take myself more seriously now that I'm 25. To counter that feeling, I started making a list of 25 things that I plan on doing in the next 25 years so I don't take myself too seriously. It should be done by next month's update, so coming soon!
SOMETHING EDIFYING:
This last weekend was one of many reunions with friends and family. I returned to my college stomping grounds in Utah and had the strangest sensation as I traveled the streets that are still vaguely familiar. That sensation was - "I'm so glad I'm just visiting and don't actually live here anymore." I loved my BYU experience, but it's definitely a thing of the past, and I felt a lot of confirmation in my decision to move to California and spread my wings a little. The time I had in Utah was short and sweet, but crammed with friends, family, activities and miracles. People I didn't even plan on visiting because I knew I didn't have time randomly ran into me or made special efforts to see me. Not to mention I was given 3 tickets to General Conference for the Sunday morning session. It's always something special to me to hear our prophet speak in person. All I can say is, my plane ticket was the best birthday present ever - thanks mom and dad!...:)
SOMETHING NEW:
So, the newest thing in my life is my NEPHEW - Henry William Mahler. He was born October 6, 2010 @ 7:25pm (EST). He's 7 lbs 5 ounces and 21 inches long!!! So long and skinny!!! First of all, I have to say that his name is perfect because it is so entirely British (well, "Henry William" anyway) and very typical of Natalie. She secretly wishes she were British I think...:) Now I get to think of all sorts of great ways to reference the kings of England and history to tease him and talk to him with a british accent. so great. And props to my sister for a 3.5 hour, epidural-free delivery. That's the way it's done, my friends. Let's hope I have those birthing genes...:)
CHEERIO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment