Something in fast forward:
Here is a brief rundown of what's happened since I left Hong Kong.
-Reunited with my parents after 18 months! Wahoo!
-Traveled through China and other places (visiting Macau, Shenzen, Guilin, Yang Shuo, Shanghai, Beijing, and Seoul)
-Highlights: really having no clue what we were getting into, being the only white people on all our train rides, boat ride down the Lijiang River, bike riding, river rafting and light show in Yang Shuo, randomly finding people that spoke Cantonese, Shanghai World Expo, cheap but tasty food, almost dying multiple times because of crazy drivers, ghetto hotel with the perfect location, yogurt flavored popsicles, catching a pick-pocket red handed, hiking the Great Wall, visiting where my Great Grandpa served several missions in Korea, meeting people that knew him and seeing the legacy he left behind (for more, see picture slideshow)
-Returned home to Wenatchee, Washington
-Happily bombarded with real life, visiting family and friends
-"Surprise" visit from my sister, who got married and pregnant while I was gone! (still haven't met her husband yet...)
-Got sick...:(
-Called to substitute teach Relief Society, Sunday School, be a ward missionary, teach health workshops, assist in a Young Women activity and play the piano in Primary
-Promptly started looking for work more diligently!...:)
-Went hiking and motorbiking with good 'ole college friend Cary
Something in slow motion:
Wenatchee must be in some sort of time warp. The last two months have been a blur in time, yet so many precious moments seemed to be slowed down just for my enjoyment. For that I am forever grateful. Transition is one of life's greatest challenges, but really teaches us something about ourselves and our adaptability. I'm still feeling out what move to make next, but when my priorities are straight, everything seems to slow down and I see more clearly the path ahead. I'm excited to find out where it leads me next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment